Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Having Some Me Time

“I am appreciative to all things that happen in life, because it's those things that make me a better person.”

I've been reflecting a lot on so many things. I'm always thinking, I'm always reflecting. Between that and listening to music, as I am now, they give me solace. I work a lot too. It may not be in the traditional sense. I'm still unemployed. I haven't landed a 9 to 5 yet, but I work on other things such as this blog. I'm taking an online class on mental health, online trainings from the American Red Cross, FEMA, and the New York State Department of Health.  I've decided to write a book so I'm working on that. I try to write as much as I can for Examiner, but lately I haven't been able to get out covering news stories. I prefer to be out there gathering information for my story than simply look for it online. For me, it takes away from the story. I hope when I'm better, I get to cover more things happening in the city. I work a lot for many reasons. It allows me to be preoccupied and to focus on my dreams. It helps me ignore things that bother me, and gives me a sense of accomplishment. I love striving for something and actually reaching the goal. I love school and I love to learn.

Aside from working, I've taken on a task, one I tend to neglect. I've started working on me. Since I'm creative, I've been writing and creating things that makes me happy. I found a new hobby, photography. I love taking pictures of nature and street art. I created a mini album on Facebook of street art pictures. I hope to expand on that. I love taking pictures, because when I do it's always at random. I never think about it, I just snap away. I like captions and have fun putting certain pictures together to create a story. I need to learn how to Photoshop. I've been getting back into my childhood hobby, which is collecting rocks and seashells. I've found some cool seashells recently from Coney Island beach. I went back to journaling and expressing my innermost emotions, too deep to share here. I think a little mystery is good sometimes. I like to read but haven't been reading as much as I'd like to. I used to read romance novels like every three weeks. I stopped for some unknown reason. I miss it. I started a novel just the other day. So far, it's suspenseful and sexy! 


I'm learning not to drown myself into academia too much. It has always been my outlet to dealing with problems but I don't think it's healthy. Life is a balance, and with this pending hip problem, I have no choice but to balance myself. I'm having more "me" time and understanding my emotions better. I still keep my dreams alive. I still want to be a social worker; I still want to continue being a freelance journalist, and most of all I want to return to the ESL classroom. I know these things are possible, and as long as I believe in them, they will happen. A bestseller book would be icing on the cake! Honestly, I just want an ISBN number. I don't care if I make money off my book or not, having something published is the greatest accomplishment. I must admit, I do fantasize what my book signing would be like and who would be there. I smile at the thought.

I’m going to be all right, me, myself, and I.

No comments:

Post a Comment