Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Happy New Year 2014 and Happy 3rd Birthday



New Year 2014
  
It’s day 7 of New Year 2014 and it is off to a good start! It’s been three weeks since surgery, and tomorrow I begin physical therapy. Despite our recent snowstorm and bitterly cold temps, I look forward to going out. As for recovery, I am still on crutches, but able to maneuver with them better than I did two weeks ago. Some days are better than other days. I was sick this past weekend and almost passed out. Luckily, I didn’t and realized my body needed more rest. There have been some housing issues, which caused a great deal of stress and aggravation. It hasn’t been easy, and I have not rested well. Despite this circumstance, I’m staying positive and believe things will get better soon. I am praying on it.

Otherwise, I am still making things with recycled items. I made what I’m calling a bubble bee vase out of an old plastic bottle. I painted another one that is storing the bottle tops I collected. I revised a box-bag by adding my own decorating touches to it. That now holds more art supplies such as contact paper, ribbons, and more. I enjoy making things it makes me happy. As I posted on Facebook, “When I craft (or do anything creatively), I forget about the world around me. It's like I'm in my own little bubble, and nothing else matters except for the newness being created by my hands. I smile.I love paint, glue, and glitter the most. The things you can make with them are endless!


Happy Birthday Creative Corner (December 2010-December 2013)

It is my honor to still be writing on this blog, and sharing my thoughts with the world after its start in 2010. This has been a good three years, and I appreciate everyone who has read, shared, liked, disliked, commented, Tweeted, Googled, Facebooked, you name it, I appreciate you all. I humbly thank you for embracing this blog, and making it apart of your reading pleasure.

Here’s to continuing this journey through reflection, discovery, and creativeness.  

One final note, I am still working on my book. The goal is to complete it by the end of this year, maybe sooner. I will keep you updated.

From the bottom of my heart, I thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment