Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 19, 2011

A weekend gift: graduation and Dad's day

This was a difficult week for me. Due to budget cuts, I will no longer be teaching ESL classes. This news have made both my students and I very sad. With many tears, whys, and somber moods, this week is one I would like to forget. However, God works in mysterious ways. This weekend has made up for the bad week. I graduated this Saturday from Rasmussen College with an Associates degree in Human Services
(http://www.rasmussen.edu/degrees/justice-studies/human-services/). This is my third degree. Although there wasn't a ceremony, that won't happen until October, I am proud to be a graduate. To celebrate, I met some friends at a local cafe in my neighborhood. It was great! I loved our conversation and the ambiance of the cafe. The food was good and the staff were friendly. My friends really made me smile, and I appreciated their company.

Today is Father's Day. My mom and I planned to take my dad out. As we headed downstairs, unexpectedly my uncle was there waiting for us. He said he wanted to visit us but forgot our bell number. So he sat there hoping we would come out. I haven't seen my uncle in months so it was great seeing him.We invited him to join us, and we went to the same cafe I visited yesterday. We had a great time laughing, talking about politics, and complimenting the delicious food. The lady I met yesterday was happy to see me. I said to her, "I'm back, and this time I brought the family!" She smiled and said, "Thank you so much!"

After wards, my uncle went home, and my parents and I went to the promenade. We took pictures and laughed some more. The sun was out, so bright and so hot. I loved it!


I feel better. This was the first time in a week I smiled and laughed. I thank my friends and family for making this weekend a great one, and for making me feel special. I love them all.

1 comment:

  1. :) AW........how special and a nice way to celebrate a new beginning.

    ReplyDelete