Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The hype was upon us

Okay...the 10 to 14 inches of snow was actually 9.9 inches (so to speak) instead of the "foot" of snow predicted. Many of us thought this storm was going to be treacherous, but it wasn't that bad. Sanitation did well in clearing the streets, and the MTA was running on or close to schedule with the exception of the Long Island Railroad (LIRR) and Metro North trains. One thing that was true is the drop in temperature. It is COLD outside! Unfortunately, this means icy streets, sidewalks, and makes walking difficult for the body.

Today, I was under the weather with an ear ache, shoulder/back ache, and leg pain. Need I say more? I stayed home to rest so I can be ready for my class tomorrow. I can't be away from my students for too long, they depend on me and I miss them :)

So what will Mother Nature bring to us next time? Guess we have to wait and see. I'm happy the Mayor, Sanitation commissioner, and MTA reps kept their word in keeping New York City moving. I hope I'm not speaking to soon...if you live in NYC anything is possible!


This is how it looked around 3am this morning

1 comment:

  1. This time around sanitation got it right. MTA was on point as much as possible. Mother Nature was kind. However, my Professor wasn't feeling too good. :( Drink some hot tea dear, go back to bed and take it easy.

    ReplyDelete