Total Pageviews

Monday, January 3, 2011

Meta-Me

This is one of my first poems. I've written it back in high school in the 10th grade (1997).

Meta-Me

Red heat splashing down
into darkness
Tiny specks--fragile and new
growing out of the dirt
Such a glow of red orange light
I see it clearly
Shades of all colors joined together
Like a unified rainbow
The pressure felt upon me is unbearable
The heat that surrounds me
changes my look of disfigured specks
and mixes my internal structure
The energy I posses
has been sent down upon me
from Mother Nature's many elements
Where I come from is like no other
My world is never the same
I can be anything
Me today or someone else tomorrow

I am a rock
I am metamorphic


Original poem by Dara K. Fulton 

1 comment:

  1. As soon as she was able to hold a pencil, the creative juices began flowing. :) Bravo professor, keep on writing. This is just the beginning of something great. I'm so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete