Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Eve

It's 11:43 pm and it's Christmas Eve night. I am looking forward to tomorrow, not because of the gifts, or the Christmas programming on television, but the fact it's a holy time of year. Christmas, to me, is a beautiful time to celebrate God (for those who believe), spend time with family and friends, and a time to give back to those less fortunate. Although I believe everyday should be a time to give back, it's this time of year that's about the spirit of giving. I love this holiday because it's about love, love for self, love for one another. Christmas has always been celebrated in my family since I was a baby. My parents always went out their way to make Christmas special for me and my brother. Although we received many gifts, and carpeted the floor with ripped up wrapping paper, my parents taught us the importance of appreciation. Mom always said, "You get the things you need, and some of the things you want, but always appreciate what you receive." This has stayed with me ever since and I truly believe in it. As we got older, there's not as many gifts, and not as many family members left, but we continue to keep the spirit of Christmas alive. We just do things differently.

I love making people happy, and giving back makes me happy. I like gifts but I've learned that gifts don't always have to be materialistic things. Sometimes a simple hello, a phone call, or email can make a huge difference. Even visiting some one's home and spending quality time with them can mean a lot too. Gift giving, in my opinion, should be done creatively. One of the things I love about being a writer is offering the gift of expression. People who read this blog get to experience what I experience, share my thoughts, and feel my inspiration. What a nice journey it has been here at Dara's Creative Corner! As another year passes, I reflect more, preparing for a new year. Each year, God blesses me with more wisdom and I'm more aware of things I weren't in years' past. I become a stronger person, I appreciate myself more. I look forward to New Year 2012, because I feel there are more surprises and chances to do things differently.


I wish everyone a very happy holiday season. Thank you all for being with me along this creative journey, and I look forward to have you with me for more years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment